Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fiberlicious Mail!

Ooh did I get some great squishy mail today!

First was 8 oz of Glitz to do some custom batts. Watch for some sparkly roving soon!

Then I opened a lovely box from Spinning Bunny - The Feb Fondle This! Club. Some gorgeous silver baby Alpaca and a knitting pattern. YUM!



Finally was a box from Northstar Alpacas. Maple sells on Etsy - http://www.northstaralpacas.etsy.com Oh my Goodness! 8 oz of BEAUTIFUL wool/Alpaca blend in a silver and blue color. This is going to make a great purse or something, just have to decide whether to ply it back on itself or whether to ply it with a contrasting color.


And this SPECTACULAR silk/alpaca blend. I may need more of this! And it may not be sold to anyone, I have a hunch my crocheter won't let it leave! Look at the adorable card of Luke the Alpaca too!



I only got a bit spun up because I was being good and finishing some Shetland I had almost done but I am so glad tomorrow is Thursday and Friday - Sunday I can just spin! Even though I dye and prep fiber here all the time, I love, absolutely love seeing what other artisans do with rovings and fiber.



A bit of the wool/alpaca blend on the wheel.

No comments: