Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Links Added

I added some links to this little blog. Each are people I have dealt with, and who run great businesses!

Carolina Homespun, has a great selection of products and good service. I'm expecting an order to be delivered today from them! (I'll put up pictures of what I ordered as soon as it's unpacked!)

Ok, this isn't a business, but if you haven't read Drunk Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair, run out and treat yourself to this book! It's great! Very funny, and very thought provoking too. Leslie - AKA Crazy Aunt Purl also runs an outstanding blog.

Detta's Spindle, is located just down the road from me. If you are looking for spinning supplies, I highly recommend talking to Detta who is an absolute wealth of knowledge. Her prices are great too.

Little Meadows Farm, is Liese. She's a vegetarian farmer. Here at Spinning Wind, we support small farmers who farm for the love of their animals. She's running an adopt a sheep program! And yes, we are adopting! This summer we'll have some lovely yarn available from that sheep - details to come :).

Shadyside Farm has a great Etsy store, plus gorgeous sheep and wool products. I've been watching and learning about rug weaving in hopes to add that here too. Check out her blog too for adorable pictures of lambs.

Spinning Bunny is a wonderful website. I have ordered many things from them, I love Susan's color combos. Right now I'm doing the Fondle This! Club. Outstanding service and Susan is so nice.

Spunky Eclectic has super cool fibers. I also belong to THEIR fiber club. Totally cool!


And cause no post is complete without a picture - look at this luscious fiber drying here right now! Top is Cormo lamb, middle is California Red lamb, and bottom is some silvery cloudy Shetland! It will turn into yarn this weekend.

No comments: